How do I Open and Close programs?
As an organization, you have total control over how your programs are displayed on FamilyID and who can view your program listings at any point in time. This article will explain how to adjust your program settings so all of your programs are displaying exactly the way you would like.
' Listing' or displaying your programs on FamilyID refers to whether or not participants can view the programs your organization has created in FamilyID.
- Public listings can be seen by anyone using the FamilyID system and are color-coded in green for your convenience.
- Private listings are hidden from the public, but you can share a direct link to the listing if you choose
- Pending listings are only seen by your organization.
Your program's ' Registration' status refers to whether or not your organization is actively collecting registrations for a program.
- Open indicates your organization is actively accepting registrations and are color-coded in green for your convenience.
- Pending indicates that your organization intends to collect registrations at some point in the future.
- Closed indicates that your deadline for collecting registrations has passed.
Opening and Closing Programs
Once logged in and on your '
Programs' page, you'll see the '
LISTING' and '
REGISTRATION' status will be displayed for each program.
Find the program you would like to change and click on the
underlined text displayed in the '
LISTING' column. The text will either be green or black depending on the current status.
You will now see the 'Publishing' tab for your program where you can adjust your display settings.
- Under 'Display on FamilyID' choose whether you want your program listed as Private or Public and set your dates.
- Under 'Open Registration' choose either Open or Closed and set your dates.
- Important Tip! Pay close attention to the 'Start' and 'End' dates you select. These settings will tell FamilyID how long to keep your programs 'Public' and 'Open' for registrations.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'APPROVE AND SAVE' button to save your changes.
If you marked your program as '
Open' you are prompted to 'Tweet' the link to your form. Selecting 'Click to Tweet' will open Twitter in a new tab. Log-in to Twitter, and once logged-in, a pre-populated tweet with the link to your form will display. If you would rather not 'Tweet' the link to your form, select the 'x' in the top-right corner of the 'Click to Tweet, window.
You will then be directed back to your
PROGRAMS page, which will reflect your new status.
Hover your cursor over '
Public' or '
Open' to see the '
LISTING' or '
REGISTRATION' date range.
Why would I want a program to be listed as 'Private' and 'Open'?
Many organizations collect registrations for programs that are only available to specific audiences. Listing a program as 'Private' and 'Open' allows you to give a direct link for someone to register without opening the program up to the public.
Why would I want a program to be listed as 'Public' and 'Closed?
We advise organizations to keep their programs listed as 'Public' for a period of time after registration is closed. This allows families to understand that the registration deadline has passed.
What if I want to allow a family to submit a registration after a program has been 'Closed'?
It's easy! You can simply adjust the program settings. We advise organizations to adjust the program to be listed as 'Private' and 'Open'. This allows you to share a direct link to that program's registration form to the individual family without opening the program back up to the public.