What is an Add-On?
As an organization, you have the ability to provide discounts or collect fees using the Add-On tab when creating a program. An Add-On is an additional selection on a registration form that may add a fee or apply a discount. Organizations use Add-Ons to manage things like:
- Booster donations
- Free or reduced lunch
- Late fees for late registrants
- Discounts for early bird registrants
- Sibling discounts
- Membership renewals
If you plan on collecting an Administrative Fee to recoup the cost of online processing for each registration read this guide first.
Anatomy of an Add-On
This article serves as a dictionary, guiding you through the different elements you will see when creating an Add-On.
This is what you will name your Add-On.
The ' Information' box is a text area where you can describe more details about the Add-On.
$ Dollar Amount / % Percentages / No Prices
These radio buttons allow you to designate if your Add-On will have a dollar value or be a percentage increase/decrease in the cost of the program. It may also be an additional selection that does not affect the price.
Add-Ons can be a fixed price, or you can allow participants to enter their own amount. This works well when using an Add-On to collect booster club donations.
Important Tip! If you are providing a discount, make sure to place a minus sign (-) in front of the amount so that the system can properly calculate the amount.
Alternatives are the option(s) from which you will allow participants to choose.
- Alternatives can be single or multiple choice.
- Alternatives can be designated as 'Required', meaning participants must to select an option to continue and submit their form.
- Add-Ons can be automatically applied to every registrant or you can add an ' Eligibility Requirement'. In the box provided, you can indicate what information is needed for that person to be eligible for that particular discount or fee.
- You can even have an Add-On active for specific days using the 'Active Dates’ feature. This feature can be used to provide discounts for early registrants or a late fee for participants who are registering after a certain date.
For step-by-step instructions on how to create a new Add-On read this guide.