What is an Add-On?
As an organization, you have the ability to provide discounts or collect fees using an Add-On.
When creating a program. An Add-On is an additional selection on a registration form that may add a fee or apply a discount. Organizations use Add-Ons to manage things like:
- Booster donations
- Free or reduced lunch discount or waiver
- Late fees for late registrants
- Discounts for early bird registrants
- Sibling discounts
- Membership renewals
If you plan on collecting an Administrative Fee to recoup the cost of online processing for each registration read this guide first.
Anatomy of an Add-On
This article serves as a dictionary, guiding you through the different elements you will see when creating an Add-On.
This is what you will call your Add-On.
The information box is a text area where you can describe more details about the Add-On.
$ Dollar amount / % Percentages / No prices
These radio buttons allow you to designate if your Add-On will have a dollar value or be a percentage increase/decrease in the cost of the program. It may also be an additional selection that does not affect the price.
ALTERNATIVES are the option(s) from which you will allow participants to choose.
ALTERNATIVES can be One choice only (single choice) or Multiple choice.
Add-Ons can be a fixed price, or you can allow participants to enter their own amount. This works well when using an
Add-On to collect booster club donations.
Important: If you are providing a discount, make sure to place a minus sign (-) in front of the amount so that the system can properly calculate the amount.
- ALTERNATIVES can be designated as Required, meaning participants must select an option to continue and submit their form.
- Add-Ons can be automatically applied to every registrant or you can add an Eligibility Requirement. In the box provided, you can indicate what information is needed for that person to be eligible for that particular discount or fee.
- You can even have an Add-On active for specific days using the Active Dates feature. This feature can be used to provide discounts for early registrants or a late fee for participants who are registering after a certain date.
- Another handy feature is the Keep Hidden field, which prevents participants and families from seeing this selection, making it viewable only by your organization.
For step-by-step instructions on how to create a new Add-On read this guide.