Authorized Report Sharing
Did you know?
You can invite individuals to your organization's FamilyID account as an authorized ' Viewer' and allow them to log in securely and view only the reports you'd like to share.
This gives you more control over who can see what data and for what period of time.
Once you authorize ‘ Viewers’ to view reports:
- A "user invitation" will be sent to the email addresses included in your shared reports, allowing 'Viewers' to log in and securely view the report.
- The invitation email your 'Viewers' receive will contain a link that will prompt them to create (or log in to) FamilyID.
- Once logged-in, 'Viewers' will be brought to the report you've shared, along with any other reports you’ve authorized them to access. They’ll never have access to reports or site functionality not intended for them.
- Shared report links will be disabled. If you'd like to generate a new public link for a report, click the down-arrow and select “Generate Public Link.”
- ‘Viewers’ can download reports in csv (table view) or pdf (page view) formats once they are logged in.
Authorize and control 'Viewer Access' on reports
Log into your organization's FamilyID account, and select the '
Registrations' tab under '
Support' in the blue navigation menu.
This will bring you to your list of reports. Select the down-arrow next to the
Table View button and select the
EDIT/SHARE tab from the drop-down.
Scroll down the page and in the ‘
Share Report’ area, ensure you check the checkbox for ‘
Share access to this report’.
To invite Viewers to this report, select the down arrow in the
Authorize User button and select as many names as you like. You can also I
nvite a New User. If inviting a new user, you will be prompted to enter their email address.
Select the date you’d like to
End access to this report on. As of this date, the
Viewers you’ve authorized to access this report will no longer see it.
Determine how often you’d like to
Viewers to receive an email with a link to this report. The email will immediately send when a new user is added, though you can continue to send the email at a set frequency (Daily, Weekly, Monthly).
You have the option to allow '
Viewers' to edit certain types of information included in this report, such as sections, section options, internal fields and statuses for approval, registration, and payment.
For example, you can make it easy for coaches to assign athletes to a JV or Varsity team, or allow Nurses to approve eligibility.
If you allow this access, authorized ' Viewers' of this report can edit only information included in the report. Any updates made to this data will be logged in a registration’s activity history. From there, you can see when and by whom any change was made.
You can also allow authorized '
Viewers' to send bulk emails to the family account owners for participants included in this report.
'Viewers' will not be able to see recipient email addresses unless this field has been included in this report.
These are one-way notifications and recipients will not be able to reply to the notification. Notifications will be accessible on the registration ' Activity' tab and on the report ' Messages' tab.
When complete, select the blue
‘Save & View’ button.