Users Roles and Privileges
Our Roles & Privileges feature allows you to assign different access to FamilyID functionality for different groups of users. This is the best way to manage the users you invite to your FamilyID account.
You can use Roles & Privileges to provide role-based control over the functions that are accessible to your users. For each role, you can select the privileges you want to grant, and update your selections at any time.
Our research has identified the most common use cases for different user roles.
- Every account has one account Owner. This is the user who can assign Administrator privileges and access all features.
- Administrator – Can perform the same actions as the Account Owner except for the ability to assign Administrator privileges and/or manage the Owner account.
- Publisher – Perfect for anyone who runs programs/activities for your organization and collects registrations/payments. The Publisher cannot manage any user permissions.
- Editor – Perfect for anyone who needs to review and make edits to information after a registration has been submitted. For example, an Editor may change a participant’s approval status from 'Not Approved' to 'Approved' if they are cleared to participate.
- Viewer – Perfect for anyone overseeing an activity’s participants, such as a Coach, Teacher, or Chaperone. This role gives 'view-only' access to participant information and is restricted to only reports he/she has been authorized to view.
Once a role is assigned, you can elect to grant the user all privileges within that role or pick-and-choose from the list of privileges. We have five standard, ready-to-use roles that make it a cinch to quickly grant the right level of system access. And if you want to customize, that's fine! Custom roles support countless permission combinations, extending your range of granular control.