Maximizing Your FamilyID Subscription During COVID-19
See below for steps schools and community organizations can take to maximize your FamilyID subscription during the COVID-19 school closures, social distancing, and quarantines:
- Allow online registration for your distance learning programs.
- Rather than collecting money for upcoming planned programs now and possibly facing mass refunds, instead create 'Intent to Play' programs which allow people to register, so that you may administratively plan for participation, but collect no payment at this time. When it looks like our cities and towns are opening back up and programs are going to run as scheduled, redirect your families to return and complete the official registration and make payment.
- A similar, yet slightly different approach to the same dilemma as above: Create a 'Waitlist' section for your program with $0 costs associated and instruct families to sign up indicating their plans to participate. When your scheduled program is ready to move forward, create regular priced sections, and transfer folks off the waitlist(s) into the respective section(s). You may then instruct your families to log back in and make payment. Our new Active Section Dates feature will make easy work of this for you!
- Get a jump start on building your fall programs.
- Explore our Templates to see some of the other great ways FamilyID may be utilized by your organization and start planning ways to implement. For example, some organizations use FamilyID to allow for equipment loaners (eg: Chromebooks or tablets), transcript requests, field trip sign-ups, graduation tickets, parent volunteer opportunities, and much more!
- Explore our new Translations feature and set up your custom translations of your organization's landing page and programs for your ESL and/or multi-lingual families.
- Because of the uncertainty we all face in trying to plan and coordinate programs and events, FamilyID has extended the length of our feature Free Trials for 60 days. This is a great time to explore features you have been curious about, especially FamilyID Invitations! FamilyID Invitations allows you to invite families directly to any program registration form on FamilyID and track who has or has NOT signed up for a program. It's simply the best way to jumpstart online registration for any program. Talk to your Account Manager or the FamilyID Support Team today for assistance in setting up and rolling out an Invitations trial or any number of new FamilyID features previously unfamiliar to you.
It is a brave new world for all of us. We are in this together and will navigate this new territory with you. We continue to be here to support your organization, your families and your program management needs in any way we can. Our Product Support Team is available seven days a week, via the phone or email. We also offer multiple online (free to join!) webinars and trainings every week.
" You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it." - Maya Angelou