Translating Your Landing Page
FamilyID is now available in multiple languages. The Languages available with Google Cloud Translation feature are:
FamilyID users can navigate the FamilyID platform in their preferred language.
All navigation on your organization's Landing Page is automatically available in the above languages. You can add translations of your custom content, such as your organization description, to make your entire landing page available in the languages you select. You have the option of manually translating your custom information or enabling the Google Cloud translation feature.
Adding the different languages to your Programs is an optional feature. By enabling the language feature, families will be able to view your programs and registration forms in the selected language(s) of your choice. Content that is native to FamilyID, including headings and standard fields, will be automatically translated.
For your custom content, we now offer a brand new interface for storing your custom translations. Your custom content includes:
- Your program description
- Your sections and section options
- Your add-ons
- Your custom fields
- Your policies and agreements
- Your payment and refund instructions
- And more!
A new feature added to FamilyID is translating all your custom content using Google Cloud Translation. You can now choose to translate your organization's custom information, such as Locations, Links, Contacts, etc., on your Landing Page and Programs using this feature.
Helpful hint: If you want families to answer your questions in English, make sure to let them know!
How to Manually Customize the Translation for Your Organization's Landing Page
To customize the translation for your Landing Page, log in to FamilyID and select
Organization from the blue navigation bar at the top of the screen.
On the left, select
- Select the Translate button to the right of Translate Organization Content.
- This will bring you into the translation wizard for your organization's Landing Page, starting in the Organization Details section . On the left side of your screen you will see the original English content (Organization Name, Description, Tag Line, Affiliations & Accreditations), and on the right side you can select the language in which you would like to translate the landing page. Boxes are provided for you to provide your custom translations for the content. You may also select Translate with Google.Type in your translations for every piece of content you wish to be available to your viewers. If you leave a Translation: box empty, the viewer will see the original English content.
Once you reach the bottom of this page and your translations are complete, select the blue
Save button to save your work or the blue
Save and Continue button to save your work and move to the next page in the wizard and continue translations on your Landing Page.
Please note that if you wish to skip ahead to a particular section in the wizard, you may do so by either utilizing the drop-down arrow to the right of the Organization Details button at the top right of your screen and selecting the Landing Page section you wish to edit
or by selecting one of the page numbers appearing at the bottom of your screen.
Selecting the blue Save and Continue button will save your work and move you forward to the next page. In this case, it will be the Locations page in the editing wizard.
Continue translating your content on each page, being sure to select
Save and Continue at the bottom to move to the next section.
- Once completing the fourth and final page of the wizard, Links, selecting Save and Continue will bring you back to the main Languages page.
- From here, if you wish to see a Preview of what your Landing Page looks like in the alternative language, select the Landing Page tab from the column on the left of your screen,
- and next to the Edit button, select Preview from the drop-down menu.
You will be able to Preview your Landing Page in the alternative languages:
Review your work and select
Close in the top right when finished and ready to return to English.